SYNLAB Laboratory Services is part of SYNLAB UK & Ireland, who provide laboratory diagnostic and training services to a diverse range of sectors including healthcare and wellness, sport, travel, corporates and insurers, logistics and family law.
Our site in Abergavenny has 2 in-house laboratories, offering a wide range of pathology tests including occupational health and wellness tests, as well as workplace drug and alcohol testing. In addition to our laboratories providing UKAS accredited ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189 testing, we are one of only a few providers offering an end-to-end in-house collection and laboratory service.
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Assistant to join our team at our site in Abergavenny. As a Warehouse Assistant, you will be an integral part of our Goods In, Goods Out, and Storage and Stock Control departments, contributing to the efficient operation of our warehouse.
Hours: 40hrs a week / Mon-Fri – 08:30am – 5pm
- Loading and unloading incoming goods, adhering to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with picking, packing and dispatching orders accurately and effectively.
- Communicating effectively with manufacturers, distributors and customers to coordinate deliveries and resolve any issues.
- Prepare despatch notes and labels for outgoing shipments, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Generate invoices for clients based on orders and delivery confirmations.
What you will need:
- Previous experience in a warehouse or logistics environment is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Offices packages (including Word and Excel).
What you will receive:
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays rising to 28 days with length of service.
- Life Assurance up to twice your salary.
- Benefits Platform / cashback and discounts.
- Support from Mental Health First Aiders.
- Employee Assistance programme – Care First.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.