SYNLAB Laboratory Services is part of SYNLAB UK & Ireland, who provide laboratory diagnostic and training services to a diverse range of sectors including healthcare and wellness, sport, travel, corporates and insurers, logistics and family law.
Our site in Abergavenny has 2 in-house laboratories, offering a wide range of pathology tests including occupational health and wellness tests, as well as workplace drug and alcohol testing. In addition to our laboratories providing UKAS accredited ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189 testing, we are one of only a few providers offering an end-to-end in-house collection and laboratory service.
We are currently recruiting for two Relief Duty Managers to join our Collections team at SYNLAB Laboratory Services on a casual basis. You will facilitate 24/7 coverage of our collection booking line which includes lone working (including days, nights and weekend shifts), as well as acting as the point of contact for the collection service.
Hours: AD HOC/Casual – 4 shifts on / 4 shifts off (12hr shifts)
- To ensure prompt and effective collection process at all times including at handover times.
- To enter bookings into the electronic booking system as received from customers, utilising digital collection system wherever possible.
- To deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- To take collection requests efficiently, accurately and professionally, recording jobs on booking system.
- To provide technical/procedural support and advice to CT’s as appropriate.
- To keep accurate records of the shift in a secure manner, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Attention to detail and a desire to see a task through to completion.
- Accuracy in recording and relaying information.
- Can work on own initiative.
- Must be flexible in approach to the work and shift rota.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.