We have an opportunity for a IT Support Technician.
The role best suits someone interested in pathology IT systems who want to expand their stakeholder base to laboratory customers and clinicians.
Other duties include:
- Troubleshoot Pathology First system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replace Pathology First Computer parts as required;
- To readily share IT knowledge, provide assistance, and deliver core/specialist IT related training involving colleagues at all levels.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- To be involved with specific IT roll-outs or projects as required.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties – suppliers/vendors)
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time;
- Participate in Departmental reviews, ensuring highest possible standards of work. Make changes in own practice and offer suggestions for improving services.
- Adhere to the approved Standard Operating Procedures used in the Department and within Pathology First.
- Participate in audit and review processes.
- Use and maintain resources efficiently and effectively.
- Positively participate within the rota, including any out-of-hours on-call rota.
- Report all incidents and adverse events to senior staff.
- Be responsible for own personal educational, keeping up to date with emerging IT technologies and infrastructures, changes to IT best practices, to ensure highest possible standards of work.
- To undertake any other reasonable duty, when requested to do so by an appropriate manager.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 2+ years’ experience of exposure to many different environments and platforms
- Significant experience of Microsoft Windows (both Desktop & Server) Operating Systems support
- Able to provide Microsoft Office 365 support at intermediate level.
- Experienced in Virtualisation Technologies (knowledge and support of Citrix)
- WAN & LAN Network knowledge including monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience with a variety of backup technologies and methods
- 2 years previous IT Service Desk experience with demonstrable evidence
- Degree/HND level computing qualification or equivalent proven knowledge in IT & technology fields.
- Good communicator with high customer service standards.
- Able to work under pressure, demonstrating autonomous working and sound professional judgement.
- Team player, cheerful and diplomatic. Positive attitude, display resourcefulness and initiative.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and problem solving.
- An ability to explore a range of solutions and give advice on the preferred course of action.
- Highly developed keyboard skills and a high level of knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Experience of Tech Support in a Healthcare Environment
- Microsoft Certified Professional certifications or other recognised IT certification.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.