HR Advisor (Drug & Alcohol)
Operating across Cardiff & Abergavenny
Salary: Competitive salary (Up to £35,000 dependent on experience)
Permanent – 40-hour contract
Hybrid flexible working (up to 2 days per week) upon successful completion of probation
Are you looking to progress your career and gain experience across a range of HR generalist activities and tasks? If so, we would be interested in hearing from you.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Advisor operating across our Drug & Alcohol (D&A) businesses within Cardiff and Abergavenny. The role is ideal for a self-motivated individual, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys social interaction around people. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will join a team of HR professionals supporting SYNLAB business units within the Southwest and Wales. This is an exciting time to be joining the team the HR Team of SW & Wales as these businesses progress, develop and grow.
Operating as a standalone post on site, you will work closely with the HR Business Partner and HR Manager, providing a full comprehensive range of professional generalist HR services, advice, and support to all stakeholders to including the Management Team, partners, and employees across D&A.
You bring with you proven experience of working within a similar role; you will be an excellent communicator; and be able to quickly build relationships with all levels of management across D&A. The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running and show they have an excellent and demonstrable knowledge of operational activities and practical application in the workplace.
- You will have previous knowledge of preparing a monthly payroll, processing HR transactions such as staff changes, undertaking reconciliation of a payroll.
- Work alongside the HR Manager to produce HR data/metrics across both businesses.
- Work alongside the HR Manager to drive the alignment and execution of People Strategies and plans across D&A.
- Work with the HR Manager to act as a catalyst/supporter of change. Experienced in dealing with ER cases such as disciplinary, grievance and absence management.
- Liaising with OH regarding long term sickness and ill health assessments.
- Work as part of a cross functional / HR Team developing good HR practice and processes with the integration of new HRIS COMPASS.
- This is a varied role where the successful candidate will need to be able to multi-task, have excellent planning and time management skills, be a team player and be prepared to move seamlessly from one task to another, in what is a busy environment.
Essential Skills and Experience
- CIPD qualified (Level 5) or working towards.
- Working knowledge of HRIS (Compass) and previous experience of monthly payroll processing and reconciliation (iTrent).
- Strong employment law knowledge.
- Significant experience of working as a HR Advisor dealing with change management, absence management, employee relations.
- Ability to build positive relationships with managers, colleagues, and employee representatives.
- Experience of advising managers on the application of policies and procedures and support in operational HR issues.
- Desirable: Previous finance experience is preferred.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service (plus public holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Company pension plan
- Access to SYNLAB benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free Gym membership
- Free car parking on site
- Wellness programme – employee assistance
- Planned Company Events
- Transport links
We reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law. Applicants must currently have permission to work in the UK.