Established in 2011, Lextox is a well-established ISO 17025 UKAS accredited testing laboratory based in Cardiff providing drug, alcohol and DNA testing services for family law cases and childcare proceedings and forms part of the SYNLAB Group. SYNLAB in the UK is a trusted expert in clinical laboratory and medical diagnostic services.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team in Cardiff, on a full time and permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your skills in order to develop your career within this field. Ideally you will have a background in Finance but there will be an opportunity for training and development in this role.
Hours: 35hrs a week, Monday – Friday.
We work on a 6-week rota, including two compulsory weeks of working 10am-6pm shifts and then you have the flexibility to choose between 7am-3pm / 8am-4pm / 9am-5pm shifts.
- Ensuring that all split invoicing is kept up to date.
- Post BACS and cheques receipts on a rota basis, ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Issuing the daily stats and participating in project and analysis work.
- Ensuring that results are sent to customers accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the bank reconciliation is kept up to date and accurate.
- Ensuring that the collector’s expenses are maintained to a high standard.
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to GCSE level or above (including English & Maths – Grade C)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work flexibly on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages, including Excel.
- Experience of using SAGE accounts package.
- Experience of working in a busy office.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
What you’ll receive:
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays rising to 28 days with length of service.
- Life Assurance up to twice your salary.
- Benefits Platform / cashback and discounts.
- Support from Mental Health First Aiders.
- Employee Assistance programme – Care First.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- On-site gym.
- Shuttle service available.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.