We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Facilities Manager to join our team. As the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of Facilities & Total Facilities Management Services across our UK SYNLAB business, ensuring functionality, safety, and efficiency of the built environment. This is a remote position with a focus on integrating people, estate, process, and technology to deliver exceptional service.
- Oversee the delivery and integration of all facilities management services, including hard & soft services, help desk, governance & compliance, budget control, capital planning, and sustainability.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service, compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and value for money.
- Liaise with external agencies, attend relevant meetings, and manage stakeholder alignment.
- Provide expert advice to healthcare and other professionals, maintaining and promoting the professional image of SYNLAB.
- Conduct audits, produce reports, and present findings to the UK Executive.
- Manage FM across non-TFM sites and the performance and development of facilities management function and suppliers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Degree, HND, HNC, or equivalent significant experience in facilities management, property management, or maintenance management
- Project management experience in leading and implementing FM-related change.
- Broad knowledge of facilities management delivery, including building services and soft services.
- High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience in FM contract management and implementing contract management processes.
- Strong leadership, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interpret plans, specifications, and diagrams/drawings.
- Experience in producing and evaluating Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS).
- Strong commercial & technical acumen and financial skills.
- Experience/expertise in change management in FM, new/successful ways of working, working with and through people.
- Knowledge of quality management systems and national guidelines relating to Facilities Compliance.
If you possess the required skills and experience and are looking for a challenging yet rewarding role, we encourage you to apply. Join us in making a difference in facilities management at SYNLAB.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law