We are looking for an enthusiastic and responsible Supervisor to oversee and work alongside our busy and fast paced Specimen Reception teams. The teams are responsible for the acceptance and preparation process of patient’s samples. The Supervisor will provide cover at The Hub, Bentalls, Basildon as well as our teams at Southend Hospital and Basildon Hospital on a roster system.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with the ability to guide and motivate teams, ensuring that the departments are productive and well managed.
Attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential alongside the ability to demonstrate excellent organisational and leadership skills.
Pathology First delivers a seven day week service. This role will be 37.5 hours Monday to Sunday. The departments work from 0800 to 2000 and shifts are allocated between these hours. Further breakdown of this can be provided on request.
Duties also include:
- Responsibility for the day to day operations of the Specimen Reception.
- The planning and prioritising of work allocations for staff responding appropriately to the needs of routine and urgent activities in a demanding and busy environment.
- People management duties such as performing and completing Appraisals and Probations.
- Please see Job Description for full duties
- 4 GCSE at Grade A-C or equivalent, including Maths and English
- High degree of accuracy and numeracy
- Ability to communicate with staff, other departments and organisations
- Good developed interpersonal and team working abilities
- Attendance management skills
- Good organisational skills and effective time management skills
- Ability to adapt efficiently to change and drive
- NHS or similar work experience
- Previous Supervisory role experience
- HR recruitment and staff selection skills
- Performing staff Appraisals, Probations and absence processes
At SYNLAB, we believe in nurturing a culture of well-being and ensuring our employees are supported both professionally and personally. That’s why we’re thrilled to offer an exhilarating rewards package, including our incredible Wellbeing Allowance worth up to £1,500 per annum for our esteemed team members working in Band 2 – 6 roles. Additionally, for band 5 & 6 roles, where night shift is part of the role requirements, you will receive enhanced night shift payment.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.