We are pleased to offer this Band 3 Admin Assistant part-time position within the Phlebotomy department. The successful candidate will be expected to support the Phlebotomy management team and the domiciliary administrator with admin tasks.
You will be involved in management of domiciliary visit rosters and managing waiting lists, which are crucial for the phlebotomy department. You will be expected to work at both site (Basildon and Southend hospital) and will be expected to work 30hrs per week Monday to Friday working minimum 6 hours per day.
Main duties of the job
- To work alongside the Phlebotomy team carrying out admin duties including management of domiciliary visit rosters and managing waiting lists, External Quality Assurance distribution and result reporting and telephone support.
- To undertake a range of admin duties for the routine Phlebotomy service delivered within Basildon and Southend hospitals to ensure an efficient service is maintained.
- Liaise with service users, suppliers and Phlebotomy team to ensure service provision is kept on track.
- To provide support in other areas of Phlebotomy admin, such as organising and taking notes for a range of meetings.
- To participate in all relevant departmental training under qualified supervision to attain proficiency in required skills.
- Report all incidents and adverse events to senior staff.
Essential Skills and Experience
- NVQ Level 3, or equivalent, level of knowledge.
- Good degree of accuracy and numeracy.
- Knowledge of administrative systems and computer applications in use within Pathology, particularly LIMS, Quality Management System and Procurement system.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of levels of staff within the department, user organisations and suppliers of goods and services.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team working abilities.
- Ability to manage time to best advantage.
- Ability to adapt efficiently to change.
- Able to plan activities within area of work.
- Able to concentrate for prolonged periods of time.
- NHS Admin experience
At SYNLAB, we believe in nurturing a culture of well-being and ensuring our employees are supported both professionally and personally. That’s why we’re thrilled to offer an exhilarating rewards package, including our incredible Wellbeing Allowance worth up to £1500 per annum for our esteemed team members working in Band 2 – 6 roles. Additionally, for band 5 & 6 roles, where night shift is part of the role requirements, you will receive enhanced night shift payment.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.