Are you looking for a rewarding career in a state-of-the-art laboratory, situated in the heart of Somerset, which offers customer centric medical excellence?
SYNLAB UK & Ireland have extensive experience of working in partnership with the NHS to deliver and improve pathology services through its existing pathology joint ventures – including Southwest Pathology Services (SPS).
Our team at SPS have been fundamental to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare within Somerset for 10 years and we have a fantastic opportunity for a Medical Laboratory Assistant to join our Pre-Analytics team, based at our HUB laboratory in Taunton and at our site at Musgrove Park Hospital.
Hours: 15hrs / Part-Time / Permanent
- Preparing samples for analysis and labelling them accurately to facilitate testing procedures in the laboratory.
- Recording test results and patient information accurately onto the LIMS system.
- Abiding by the SPS standard operating procedures and ensuring deliverables meet ISO15189 standards.
- Collaborating effectively with other members of the laboratory team, to ensure efficient workflow and timely delivery of test results.
What we’re looking for:
- NVQ3, or equivalent – a minimum requirement of 3 GCSEs to include English, Maths and at least one Science subject.
- Working knowledge of the receipt and preparation of samples for biomedical testing.
- Good degree of accuracy & numeracy.
- Knowledge of computer applications in use within Pathology, particularly LIMS, Quality Management System and Procurement system.
- Experience of working in a Biomedical laboratory.
- Science A – Levels or a degree entry qualification.
At SYNLAB, we believe in nurturing a culture of well-being and ensuring our employees are supported both professionally and personally. That’s why we’re thrilled to offer an exhilarating rewards package, including our incredible Wellbeing Allowance worth up to £1500 per annum for our esteemed team members working in Band 2 – 6 roles. Additionally, for band 5 & 6 roles, where night shift is part of the role requirements, you will receive enhanced night shift payment. For Band 7 – 8c roles, a discretionary team performance bonus payment worth up to 5% of salary per annum.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.