Forming part of the SYNLAB Group, Lextox are a UKAS accredited laboratory based in Cardiff. Lextox provide drug, alcohol and DNA testing services for family law cases and childcare proceedings. SYNLAB in the UK is a trusted expert in clinical laboratory and medical diagnostic services.
We have a vacancy for a Sample Collector / Phlebotomist to join our Sample Collections team within the Halifax and surrounding areas, on an AD HOC/casual basis. Candidates must be professionally qualified Phlebotomists, have recent experience in various venipuncture techniques (predominately vacutainer and butterfly) and be able to collect samples in non-clinical settings.
Salary: Competitive hourly rate.
Hours: Zero hours – as and when required (AD-HOC). No evenings or weekends.
Other duties include:
- Attending pre booked appointments at various locations in and around the Halifax area – appointments can be up to a 2 hour radius from your home.
- Provide a professional hair, blood and DNA sample collection service.
- Maintain and develop excellent relationships with clients, donors as the public face of Lextox.
- Implement the requirements of the company Quality management System and help maintain ISO17025 accreditation.
- Ensure that all collections are undertaken in a safe, healthy and low risk environment and manner.
- Provide statements of truth at point of collection.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and language skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence and MUST have own access to a vehicle with business insurance.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Phlebotomy, post qualification (proof of Phlebotomy competency may be required).
- Experience in working within the NHS / Blood Service.
- Experience in collecting hair and DNA samples (in-house training is provided for this aspect of the role).
Assignments will generally be within a 2-hour radius of a collector’s home address by car. Access to your own vehicle is essential. Successful applicants will be paid on a per collection basis only, plus appropriate travel expenses will be paid, including fuel, parking fees and sample postage. Collections assignments will generally be at either a solicitor’s office, local authority office or donor’s home; appropriate PPE will be provided.
For this position, the role will involve the taking of blood samples, where Hepatitis B vaccination is required.
An enhanced DBS check will be an essential requirement for this role.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.